4.02.2017

Crochet Finishing School

Today was the final day of Yarn Fest and the class I've been looking forward to the most.

 

I love making crochet garments and I know my finishing techniques could use some polish. "Couture Finishing for Crochet and Knitting" with Shannon and Jason Mullet-Bowlsby - aka The Shibaguyz - seemed like a good chance to learn.

  Note to self: use the under thread/bump to join motifs.

Boy was it ever! I didn't know a lot about this duo before class, but now I'm a huge fan. So funny and entertaining and so. much. knowledge.

 

We covered everything from blocking - I need a garment steamer! - 

  Front

to invisible seaming - all blue yarn on the front,

  Back

 even though I used white yarn to stitch the seam - 

 

and best of all, a logical, professional way to insert a zipper into a crocheted garment,  sewn either by hand or machine. 

 

My mind is still spinning with ways to use all I learned today. What a great finish to Yarn Fest 2017.

0 comments: