1.01.2012

Fresh Start

I'm hoping planning going to do a lot of crafting in the new year, so in the spirit of 'start as you mean to go on', I started a new quilt today.
 
I'm in love with the look - and quickness - of the 1600 quilts

so I broke out the jelly roll I recently bought at my local quilt store,
sewed the 40+ strips into a 1600" (44.4 yard) looooong row,
and then sewed . . . 
 
and sewed . . . (this piece goes all the way across my entry hall and halfway up the stairs)

until it resembled a quilt
All this sewing gave me an excuse to finally play with a new toy tool I picked up in Colorado. 
 
Love how quick and easy this is to use; and the razor blade is easy to change out when it gets dull. Plus, I don't have to worry about cutting the fabric when I cut the threads (and yes, I've done that before . . . )
Still a lot of work to be done before this can be gifted - like borders, backing and binding - 
but I've started.

0 comments: