7.04.2009

Happy Firecracker Day!

July 4th is probably my favorite holiday after Christmas and Thanksgiving. Dick and I have a pretty set pattern for the day. Ventura's Street Fair, where we peruse all the hand-crafted items and sample the food. We met up with Matt and company for a bit, just long enough to watch Naia get her arm painted and for Leia to get her first ride on PopPop's shoulders. Then home to drop off our treasures and get a short nap (hey, we're retired!) before moving over to Matt's house for a bbq and hanging out with the baby grands. Since the city moved its holiday display to Cam High, we don't need to drive anywhere to get our fireworks fix. We just take some chairs across the street where the view's a bit better and wait for the show to begin. I used my new camera to take pictures tonight and I'm not overly happy with the results. Of the 89 shots I took, these are all that are even close to usable. Gotta figure out the different modes before next year's display. Happy Independence Day!

0 comments: