10.24.2008

Progress

I'm a slow knitter but progress is being made on the ASJ. I need to have 58 rows done by Monday night's class. I knit most of the evening and I'm up to 36 rows. I just might make it if my arm and wrist hold up.I'm calling this my Autumn Pi Jacket. I chose the colors to remind me of falling leaves back east. And the number of rows in each color sequence is based on the first five numbers of Pi* - 3.1415. (I'm actually counting ridges; each ridge is 2 rows of garter stitch.) That gives me 3 ridges of orange; 4 of purple; 5 of red; 3 of green; then back to orange with 4, and a row of cream between each band. I'm loving the colors and stripe sequence. Just wish I was faster and had this d.o.n.e. already.

*Might as well get some use out of all the research I did for the Pi-R-Square block class I taught.

0 comments: