4.02.2008

Baby Blankie FO

I made this for a friend whose first baby was due April 1. Baby came a day early and I finished this a day late, so that evens things out, right?
It's hard to tell in these photos - I'll try to get better ones tomorrow when it's light out - but the color is 'blue marl', blue and white threads twisted together. The lacy-looking sections are crossed double crochet cables; thus the pattern name, 'Crisscross'.
I like the completed blanket and I liked the pattern, but I doubt I'd make it again. The lack of stitch variety made it a loooooong haul to the finish line.

I'm still working on Baby Anna's blanket. Although she arrived February 29 (a Leap baby!), she was originally due the middle of April and I think I'll be done right about then. The crochet entrelac pattern is taking (much) longer than I expected.

Tech specs: Pattern is 'Crisscross' by Carole Rutter Tippett, found in Leisure Arts "Make One For Baby" booklet. Yarn is Bernet Softee, 2 and a smidge skeins - about 1000 yards - in Blue Marl. Size "G" hook.

0 comments: