1.02.2008

New Projects

One of my new year's resolutions is to finish up some of the projects I have lying around. Rather than always pick up a crochet hook when I have free time, I want to work on other techniques - knitting, spinning, weaving, lockerhooking. So tonight I pulled out two bobbins of spun singles and plied them together. This is brown Romedale wool with Tussah silk slubs that I bought - and started spinning - in August 2006. It's approx. 234 yards of lace-weight yarn that's fairly balanced. I tried to over-ply it, hoping to counteract the effects of it sitting around for so long. I took this shot before I set the twist; we'll see once it's dry if it's usable or if I'll need to add more twist.

Dick is back on home-improvement watch. First thing this morning, he knocked out very carefully removed the windows between the dining room and pool table room.
He's going to drywall the openings, creating solid walls on the dining room side, and on the opposite side there will be niches for pool cues and a dart board. He's also building a storage cabinet under the stairs. We'll use it to store Christmas decorations and other seasonal stuff; no more climbing into the hot, dusty attic every year. It amuses me that he's very carefully drawing out his plan on the floor. I'm pretty sure his mama taught him better than that.

0 comments: