1.10.2008

I Met Bob!!

Dick went with me to Long Beach for day 2 of TNNA; he spent the afternoon with a friend from high school whilst I was in class, and then we all went to dinner at PF Changs (fabulous dinner - shrimp with candied walnuts and honeydew melon. Yum)

We got to Long Beach a little early so we stopped at Chili's for lunch. I sat down in the booth, looked up, and saw . . . . Ravelry's Jess and Casey!
I recognized Casey instantly from his Ravatar and kinneared them before getting up the courage to go say 'hi'. They are super nice in person. When I got back to our table, I couldn't stop grinning. I felt like I'd just met my favorite movie stars. And look what Jess gave me . . . . my very own Bob pin! I still can't stop grinning.

My afternoon class was a diagonal beaded shawl with Sharon Silverman. Sharon's an excellent teacher - we picked up the technique pretty quickly and I completed about a third of the shawl by the end of class.
This is Filatura de Crosa's Multicolor, a 60/40 blend of mohair and acrylic, with a "K" hook and size 6 silver beads. The yarn's a little bigger than the lace-weight Sharon recommended; when I make this again (yep, it's that good a pattern; I see several of these in my future) I think I'll move up a hook size or two.

I'm planning to wear this to Matt and Chris' wedding in March. Now I just need to find an outfit that matches it.
Doesn't everyone plan their clothing around their shawls?

1 comments:

Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

That must have been so neat I would love to meet them and I would love to have a bob pin I cannot go to stitches West so I wont be able to get one:(Darcy