1.15.2008

Color Challenged

Dick's on the last layer of texturizer (very stinky- the whole house reeks), so we're almost ready for the paint.I like lots of color on the walls. Our bedroom is teal (this is several years old - it's in line after the kitchen for remodeling. I already have the red wallpaper . . . ) and the kitchen wall I painted a long time ago is blue marble -

I hand-painted those veins with a feather. I love faux-finished walls.

I'm feeling a little color challenged this time; whatever I pick, we have to live with for awhile. Dick likes to remodel, but repainting when he just put the rollers away? Not going to happen.

I want something that goes with the slate on the fireplace and I'd love to bring out the orange/cranberry sections so . . . .
I taped up some paint chips and we're seeing what jumps out at us. (I thought I was pretty clever . . . ) The armchairs are teal and the floor is tan/brown porcelain tile. In a pinch, I suppose we could go with teal paint but I'm trying to get away from greens; seems like every room we've painted recently is green.

I want big bold color, but I also don't want a dark cave. Decisions, decisions. Have to make up my mind soon . . .

ETA: Behr has a pick-your-color site that includes historical colors. Very cool.

0 comments: