11.05.2007

Fibery Goodness

Yesterday was the annual SoCal Handweaver's Guild show and sale in Torrance. For the second year in a row, I went with Lois to help sell. I look forward to this event all year - by helping Lois, I get to spend the entire day there, talking to people, meeting fellow bloggers (hi, Jill!) and buying, buying, buying.

We left my house at 7:15, arrived in Torrance by 8:30, had the booth set up and ready to go by 9:30, and I was off on my first tour of the vendors by 9:40.
The doors are closed to the public until 10, so it wasn't crowded and I got a quick overview of what was available.

The best thing about being a 'vendor' is the ability to shop all day; I can think about a purchase and decide what I absolutely can't live without. On my first pass-through, I picked up the 2 cones of cotton flake on the right - purple and purple; gee, aren't you surprised by my color choices? At $8 a cone, I thought they were too good a deal to pass up. The other 3 cones - black 10/2 perle cotton and 8/2 Tencel in purple and variegated - I bought at the very end of the day, just before we started packing up. I don't "need" the Tencel, but it kept calling to me. So pretty.Even though I had some money saved up and burning a hole in my pocket, I didn't find a lot that I wanted. The one thing I really wanted - Ashford shuttle bobbins - nobody had.

Lois's booth did well, although we weren't as busy as last year. We actually had a chance to sit down and work on our projects after about 1:00, which didn't happen last year. Can you guess who didn't bring anything to work on? Yeah, that would be me. Lois loaned me a crochet hook, I picked out 2 skeins of this absolutely luscious baby llama (sooooo soft) and started working on a skinny scarf.
To top the day off, I sold the weaving shuttles that were left over from the Guild's show and sale two weeks ago and made another $177 $187 for the Guild's coffers!! Whoohoo!

The only thing that didn't sell was the 12"
weaving temple. That d**n thing is going on the raffle table in January - I want it gone. Unless somebody wants it now? $10 +shipping and it's yours! Such a deal. It's gone! Thank you, Kimberly!

0 comments: