8.28.2007

Addy's Blankie

I felt a strong need to finish something so . . . . this is square #9 for Addy's "grandma's house" blanket. It's the Warm Jewel Granny Square by Kimberly Andrew, done in Bernat Cotton Tots (100% cotton) yarn with an "H" hook. Really easy pattern - it took me just over 2 hours to complete.

With nine blocks done, the blanket would be about 40 x 40" without the border.
My original plan was for 12 squares. But this is a nice size. So do I stop now or add three more squares as planned? I'm inclined to keep with the original plan mainly because that one blue square looks so out of place without another one to balance it. And I think a rectangle is more pleasing to look at than a square. The downside is that it will be huge and I'll need to do more blocks. Time's running out since Addy arrives in just 9 days. Opinions, anyone?

0 comments: