7.16.2007

Weave, Wave, Wove

Wait, that's not right. Weave, wove, woven? Whatever - I have two more towels done and off the loom. This is a Huck sampler using threadings from Marguerite Davison's 'A Handweaver's Pattern Book'. The warp is 5/2 pearle cotton and the weft is 3/2 natural organic cotton.
The white is one towel, the brown is another - and they were supposed to be the same length. Looks like I can't add, even with the help of a spreadsheet. So, now I have one towel and one table doily-thingee.

I wove five inches of each of six patterns, with two picks of
dark brown plain weave in between. By the time I got the first towel done, it was obvious that I wasn't going to get a second full towel. So I picked my favorite pattern and wove it in dark brown for the entire length. Before washing, the white towel was 18" wide by 33.5" long; the brown towel was 18" wide by 15.5" long. After washing - 15.5 x 28" and 15.5 x 13.5".

Added:
I checked the patterns again after washing the sampler . . . and I did the tie-ups backwards. I thought 'x' marked the spot. Wrong. I needed to tie-up the spaces that were blank. Which makes no sense to me. Darn it. Repeating:"it's a learning process. It's a learning process. It's a *#(& learning process."

Waiting For Ravelry


Have you signed up for Ravelry yet? From everything I've read, it looks like it will be a fun little community. But I don't know for sure, since I'm still waiting for my invite to join. I'm ahead of a certain someone, but not by much!

  • You signed up on June 7, 2007
  • You are #7503 on the list.
  • 1659 people are ahead of you in line.
  • 9895 people are behind you in line.
  • 33% of the list has been invited so far

0 comments: