7.27.2007

More FO's

Yesterday was 'git 'er done' Thursday. I finished three washcloths at my favorite LYS during knit/crochet/spin night. The other two were finished while watching today's Tour de France (hooray! no more doping scandals! yet.) These are all free patterns available on the innernets.* They're destined for a washcloth drive; if you're interested in contributing, the mailing address is here.

*Blue - Star Dishcloth
Yellow - Quick & Easy Washcloth
Green - Bicycle Spokes Dish Cloth
Multi - Hexagon Washcloth (my favorite)
Pink - generic granny square

I also finished another weaving project. Tomorrow is Guild and I want to show off share my completed projects during 'show and tell'. Since the beginning weaving class one month ago, I've finished a scarf, shawl, - both plain weave - six towels and two washcloths - in twill and huck.

This towel is 5/2 cotton warp and 3/2 cotton weft. It's a huck sampler - I changed the treadling every 6" or so - using Maguerite Davison's "Handweaver's Pattern Book".
Ahem. I need to practice keeping my edges straight.

This was on the same warp - 5/2 cotton - using color-grown softball cotton for the weft. Not as much draw-in and much nicer edges.
I choose three of my favorite patterns from the above sampler and wove about 8" of each with a 1" stripe of plain weave between. See the green section on the end? That's more color-grown softball cotton. Washing (or boiling) will actually darken the color. And boy is it soft! I'm planning to use the brown color-grown to crochet a lacy summer shawl for me.

0 comments: