3.28.2007

I'm Sorry

Apparently, Mr. Washie didn't appreciate yesterday's post that his side of the laundry room wasn't as "cool" as the remodeled side. And he made his displeasure known in an abundant manner - fortunately (??) the water ran out through the garage, down the driveway and into the street rather than into the house. I think Dick invented some new swear words when we found this mess. Gives new meaning to "a river runs through it."

On a more positive note, yesterday Lois and I taught crochet to about 20 7-10 year old girls at a Boys and Girls Club in Oxnard. Lois gave each participant a hook, ball of yarn and a bag to take home. I came up with the projects - a simple chained necklace with beads and a slightly more difficult chain and slip stitch necklace done in the round.
The girls all seemed to have a good time, and everyone went home with at least one completed project - a necklace, jump rope, bracelet or something else they'd made. For me, the best part was the opportunity to pass my love of fiber to the next generation.

0 comments: