1.05.2007

What Do You Use Your Floor For?

Or should it be 'For what do you use your floor?' I'm too sick to care. I'm teaching my first crochet class tomorrow and I have a very healthy cold (no fever, so I don't think it's the flu.)

I finished the double-crochet shawl that's one of the class projects and have it blocking on the studio floor.
Figured as long as I was doing one, I might as well block the mohair cobweb shawl I finished a month ago. (AJ is heartbroken; she'd claimed this one as her bed.)Together, they take up a significant amount of space. Dick just rolled his eyes when he saw me down on the floor, sticking pins in anything that didn't move. Hey, I left a path through the room. What more could you ask?

The blue shawl has 3 skeins of Baby Alpaca Brush by Plymouth Yarn. There are only 110 yards in each skein, so if I was making this for me, and not for the class sample, I'd use at least 2 more skeins. It is incredibly soft and silky; I love the feel. Marie - who isn't a real big fan of crocheted stuff - took one look and decided she wants one from the same yarn. Nice.
This shawl used about 400 yards of handpainted brushed mohair that I found 2 or 3 years ago in a small yarn store in Estes Park. It is beautiful; my photos don't begin to pick up the color variations. I was planning to keep this one for myself but it's a little scratchier than I like. I may put it away as a possible Christmas present. But, then again, maybe not. I really love the colors.

In hopes of making it to the class tomorrow, I'm taking Airbourne, Zicam, Advil, Nyquil, Dayquil (not all at once, obviously) and drinking gallons of water. In the grand scheme of things, colds are really nothing - but I just feel so darn miserable when I can't breathe. And my voice keeps coming and going. Should make for a very interesting class.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking good thoughts for your class. It's a shame you feel miserable when you are nervous enough about teaching! :)v