1.03.2007

Long Time, No Blog

I didn't mean to take this long a blog-break. I usually write in the evenings while Dick & the kids are watching the teevee. The kiddies were gone most evenings during the holiday, so Dick & I sat in front of the fire and had our own personal movie marathon. We made it through all three Lord of the Ring movies, four Harry Potters, the first X-Men, You've Got Mail, and a bunch more. As you can probably tell from the titles, Dick got to pick most of the movies. As long as I had cats on my lap and crochet projects in my hand, I was willing to watch almost anything. (I nixed The Patriot - too depressing).

New Years Eve found us on the couch, wine glasses in hand, watching the big screen.
(This was taken early in the evening. Marie does have a life & left shortly thereafter with her friends.) We even managed to bore the cat.
But I did get the samples done for the classes I'm teaching. My very first, OMG-what-have-I-gotten-myself-into class starts this Saturday. It's a three session beginning crochet class - and I have three students already signed up. I'm a tad nervous. I love crochet - and tend to be passionate when talking about it - and I hope I can convey that. The projects include a basic double-crochet hat (I thought the flower was a nice touch), a cotton washcloth, and a granny square and triangle shawl that I'm still working on.

And in February, I'm teaching a crocheted sock class. I hope. Only one person has signed up so far, but I'm pretty sure I can twist a few arms and get at least two more participants. (Right, Wenona and Sharon? Please don't make me beg.) If the sock class goes well, we're planning a sock-along at the store for both crocheted and knitted socks. I think it would be a lot of fun; hope I can convince others of that.

4 comments:

Rach said...

I was beginning to go through blog withdrawls!

Anonymous said...

Glad you're back on line...I've missed ya!!

Teaching? WOW! I know you're going to love it. :) v

Anonymous said...

I am discovering your blog and love what you do.
On seing the picture of Oreo, I thought it was my cat Apollo!

Sharon said...

I wouldn't miss the crochet sock class for anything. You should let Ruthie know about it too.
BTW- I signed up today. :D
Can't wait!!!
~S