11.09.2006

Lacevember Questionnaire

The Crocheting Questions, Or The Usual Suspects

How long have you been crocheting? Since I was 9 or 10; let's just say it's been more than 30 years and leave it at that, shall we? ;)

How did you learn to crochet? My mother taught me. She also taught me to sew. Crocheting took; sewing didn't.

Favorite thing about crochet? The creative process. I love how you can take string and a hook and make just about anything you want. The possibilities are endless.

How long have you been crocheting lace? I've crocheted lace, off & on, for over 25 years. About 20 years ago, I loved making crocheted doilies, but the hooks are just too small for me to hold comfortably; my hands cramp up badly. Now I concentrate on projects that use lace weight yarn with a larger hook size.

Favorite thing about crocheting lace. How beautiful it looks when it is blocked.


The yarn questions, or flash your stash
Favorite lace yarn? Fearless Fibers cashmere

variegated or solids for shawls? Depends on the pattern; I love to use handpainted fiber with a simpler pattern. It shows off both the lace and the yarn colors.

Favorite lace color? Shades of brownTechnique, or show us your skillz

Fancy blocking wires, or just sewing pins stuck in your carpet? Welding rods & T-pins, stuck in my carpet. Who has the $$ for blocking wires? It cuts into the cash available for stash enhancement!


Pattern, or can you follow directions

shawls or lacey items? Shawls

triangle, rectangle, or circular shawls? They're all good. Triangle & rectangle are my current favorites.

Charts or printed instructions? PRINTED! I actually love reading patterns. (very strange, I know.) I've never gotten the hang of reading crochet charts.

Favorite lace you've crochet? Lily Chin's Mock Faroese Shawl

Favorite lace you want to crochet? I want to design my own shawl pattern. Soon.


Just Fun, yup that's right, just for fun

Favorite jelly belly flavor? Watermelon

Tell me everything you know about Eric the Red..... Eric the What?

Coke, classic or with lime? Diet Coke with Lime. Diet Coke rules, especially with breakfast.

Holiday carols, sing along, or wish they would be banned from all public airwaves? Love, love, love listening to holiday carols.

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie roll pop? Who has the patience to lick them? Just bite it and get to the good stuff!

Why is my cat always puking in front of my son's bedroom door? She can smell the dirty socks that litter his floor. Why should she be the only one that doesn't gag?

What is your superhero power? Procrastination.

If the laundry is 9 foot by 11 foot (just dreaming, that's a big laundry room), and the walls are 8 feet tall, and you are going to tile the entire room in tiles that are 3 inches by 5 inches, what color should those tiles be? Purple. If I have to spend time doing the ***** laundry, I might as well have the room be a fun color.

What's for dinner tonight? Eggplant parmesian from Macaroni Grill. Yum.

What is clogging my children's bathtub drain? Why would I want to know this?? Ignorance truly is bliss.

Yarn Tails Tags:, ,

0 comments: