11.11.2006

Flash Your Stash

Or, what the heck do I do with all this fiber?

My favorite purveyor of stash had a sale this week, so I had to stock up, right? Who knows when she might have another sale. It would be silly not to take advantage of it, right? Yeah. Right.

Deb was selling off orphans - single skeins - and some multiples that didn't turn out as she intended. The one-day only sale was scheduled to start at 8 a.m. . . . . so I was up and online at 7:15, just in case she had them listed early. Not that I'm competitive or anything (stop laughing) and you know that I am not a morning person, but I wanted first crack at those yarns. And it worked!
Cashmere. Gorgeous, laceweight cashmere. From left to right, Morocco, Midnight Rendezvous, and Sedona. Not sure what I'm going to do with them yet, but eventually they'll tell me what they want to be.

And two skeins (score!) of October, a DK weight 55% mohair/45% wool blend. Almost 1000 yards. I love these colors - so autumny and perfect. I think this will make a great lacey shawl; I just need to find the right pattern.

While at the fiber retreat in Cambria, I picked up two hanks of Corriedale roving in a wild colorway called "Toucan's Fruit".
I loved the vibrant colors - and Corrie is one of my favorite wools - and thought this would make a great lockerhooked rug for Addy's room. (Actually, for Addy's mom to stand on in the middle of the cold, cold nights when she has to get up - yet again - to feed, change, burp, or just hold young Addison.) I haven't gotten very far yet, but I love how this is turning out.
And, of course, I don't have enough of it. I've emailed Judy's Novelty Wool to see if I can get more. Otherwise, this is going to be a very short rug.

This is the start of the baby bunting I'm making with
Plymouth Yarn's Bella Colour, a cotton/acrylic blend. I still love the colors (it's 2 strands held together so the colors blend & change) but it's not as soft and pliable as I thought it would be. Hope I don't end up frogging this one.

Yarn Tails Tags:, , ,

0 comments: