8.19.2006

Trading Places

This is how I spent my Friday night. Working in my favorite scrapbook store during the 6 to midnight crop. Marie thought it was pretty funny that she was the one doing the scrapbooking and I was the one minding the store.


I've been scrapping at the Villa almost since it opened two years ago. When Debra decided she'd like an occasional Friday night with her family, four of her more dedicated (read: scrap fanatic) customers volunteered to help out. We each take one Friday night a month and serve as hostess - helping customers, running the register, keeping the chocolate and caffeine well stocked, and generally having fun. Since Marie's day job #2 is working at the Villa, she usually scraps on the nights I work to keep me company. (And to keep me out of trouble. She *loves* telling me what to do and answering customer's questions. She's definitely the expert in this arena.)

Although she's never been interested in scrapping before, working at Scrapbookers Villa seems to have changed her mind. Marie's very artistic, with a great eye for color and form. And I did raise her to have a thorough knowledge of scrapping basics. She's a natural. I'm so proud.

P.S. Vickie and I went to the "Fabulous Fiber Fest" in Santa Monica during the day on Friday. Very disappointing. If you are into quilting or beading, it was probably a good show. But if you are interested in fiber of any sort - spinning, weaving, crochet, knitting, or anything else - there wasn't much of interest. And there were noticeably fewer vendors this year than last year. Vickie found a must-have book on silk fusion and we each bought a spindle and roving so I could teach her to spin, but there was nothing else I felt I 'had to have'. And you know me - I *love* adding to my spinning and yarn stashes. With parking at $8 and an entry fee of $6 (plus $2.50 for a small soda - no profit there for the Auditorium), I'm not sure I'll be going back next year.

Yarn Tails Tags:, ,

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

One of these days..SOON.. we've got to go scrapping! I miss the Villa.