5.22.2006

Plastic Bites

Work on my new craft room is coming along. The walls are painted, I have new carpet, and one row of cabinets is in place. I'm really happy with how the detailing turned out on what were stock kitchen cabinets from Lowe's.

Dick hung the curtain rods today but left it for me to hang the curtains. No problem, right? That's what I thought in the beginning. Since this is a garden room, the three outer walls are all windows.
It takes 8 curtains to cover all that glass and each curtain has 12 hangers. Thus, 8 packages of hooks. Still not a problem - until I tried to open the hanger packages. They were securely wrapped in plastic. Lots and lots of plastic. Out came the kitchen shears -

and I cut . . . . .

and sliced. . . . .

and hacked my way through layer after layer of hard plastic.

Leaving behind skin and blood from my scraped up knuckles and fingers. In the end, I had this:

I'm not sure, but I think AJ is laughing at me.

I think it was worth it. I love these curtains. Tomorrow I'll make the tie-ups that will turn them into balloon shades.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness, greatest picture of AJ ever!

Anonymous said...

AJ was definitely laughing. Love the curtains! Can't wait to come over and see...okay...'use' your new craft room.

Sharon said...

What a good bud AJ was to stand there and support you, but you can’t blame him for laughing. The packaging on those things is ridiculous. If we could just wrap the U.S. in that packaging we’d be safe from terrorists.